Friday, March 9, 2012

Quick jewelry doodads

These are a few things i made while in the van on the way back from Wright Patterson AFB, for my friend and fellow cadet Alison. She said she wanted a necklace and i had two pieces of gutted paracord in my hands, blue and black, and im addicted to diamond knots so i tied one, trimmed one side's ends, and burned then and took the other sides spare cord and tied two overhand knots on the opposite string to make it adjustable. I put it on her and she said she wanted a bracelet, and being a gentleman i couldnt say no, even though i did at first. I thought the fish tail weave was suitable for her so i started with a cow hitch on one buckle and ran the inner cord to the other buckle, and tied a simple knot and began the weave. I finished the weave and put it on her, it was too big so i just cut one end of the buckle, unraveled some cord, and weaved it a little bit to re attatch it to the buckle, and i sealed it again. Not my best work, but it was quick and she liked it. I might invest more into jewelry making including ideas other than bracelets

No comments:

Post a Comment